Dunoon Hill Runners will be starting a new beginners training group from 6 November, for 8 weeks. Sessions will take place each Tuesday evening from 6.30 pm to 7.30 pm. There will be a maximum of 20 places and no waiting list.
Each runner will require trail running shoes and a head torch (120 lumens and up are suitable).
The cost will be £10 for the 8 week training period and a temporary membership form must be completed before attending. All data is confidential and will not be shared with any other party.
If interested, please contact the club here, and submit your form no later than 23 October 2018. Forms can be handed in to Lisa Marshall at HELP, John St, Dunoon. Once 20 forms have been received, the group will become closed.
Dunoon Hill Runners will commence training sessions for beginners and those returning after an absence from running on Tuesday 14 November 2017. These training sessions will take place over a 10 week period (not including Christmas/New Year) and participants will be asked to complete a Temporary Membership form on the first evening. A fee of £10 will be charged to cover the 10 week period.
A base level of fitness is recommended.
Runners must be 12 years of age or over.
For anyone between the ages of 12 and 16 years, please note:
- a disclaimer form must be completed
- they must run with an accompanying adult at all times
- the maximum distance permissible for this age group is 2 miles
Attendees will be asked to register at 5.45 pm and runs will start at 6 pm. Please keep an eye on the club calendar for locations.
Trail running shoes are advisable, and a head torch will be needed.
Anyone who is interested in coming along, please let Morven Walsh know.
Dunoon Hill Runners is pleased to welcome beginners to a training session specially tailored for those new to hill running, or those wishing to return after some absence. We will be operating an 8 week block of weekly training runs, at 6 pm each Tuesday, commencing 17 January 2017. Please advise Morven Walsh of your intention to attend, and complete a temporary membership form which you can print out and bring along to training. The cost is £3 per session. Trail shoes are recommended and a head torch is required.
Runners must be 12 years of age or over.
Please note that anyone between the ages of 12 and 16 years must run with an accompanying adult. A disclaimer form must be completed for anyone aged between 12 and 16 years.
Please also note that anyone who has recently had a baby or been through surgery will require to provide a doctor’s certificate clearing them to train.
Please take note of the following conditions before joining any Beginners’ runs.
- Each runner will be provided with a JogScotland Membership Form. This is free to join and will provide a stepping stone to the Dunoon Hill Runners, but it does have a Par-Q attachment which MUST be completed and returned to Kirsty Mundell. This highlights any medical conditions that any of the leaders need to be aware of. If you are unsure if this affects you, then please contact Kirsty. This information is confidential and will not be disclosed to any other member unless they are leading a run. When/if you decide to join the Dunoon Hill Runners, this information will be destroyed and you will then fall under the Membership Rules of Dunoon Hill Runners. Leaders are not permitted to accommodate anyone who has recently given blood, had a transfusion, given birth within the previous six months, attended the dentist and had a tooth removed within the last 7 days, or had any recent surgery. There are varying other reasons, so please ask Kirsty if you feel you fall into one of the categories either mentioned above or you have a condition you feel may put yourself or other runners at risk.
- If these forms are not completed and returned, you will not be allowed to join in any run.
Beginners’ training has commenced each Wednesday evening at 7 pm. Please refer to the Club calendar for meeting places each week. Anyone interested in starting running (or returning after a break) is invited to come along and join the fun.